The CEfrag Screen is a new technique for fragment-based screening. It uses capillary electrophoresis (CE) to detect weak binding interactions between your target and low molecular weight compounds (fragments). The technique is available to as part of an integrated drug discovery project. This robust, proven technology allows you to cost effectively kick-start your drug discovery project or to complement and strengthen your in-house hit generation programs.
We offer the options of running a fragment screening campaign on your target using our own fragment library, or of using your library or any commercial fragment collection.
Key Advantages of CEfrag™
- Solution phase binding assay based on affinity capillary electrophoresis
- Applicable to a broad range of targets
- No protein modification required
- Label-free technique
- Rapid assay development
- Micro scale technique
- Highly flexible: detects protein, ligand or protein-ligand complex
- Generation of IC50 values
- Low false positive rate
- Validated against multiple targets
- Validated screening tool for detection of protein-protein interactions
- Suitable for use with microbial extracts
- Robust: tolerates DMSO and common additives such as detergents and salts
Please contact us for further information. We will be pleased to arrange a teleconference or meeting with our technical experts.