- have legitimate grounds for collecting and using your personal information;
- not use your personal information in ways that may adversely affect you;
- be transparent about how we intend to use your personal information;
- provide you with appropriate privacy notices when collecting your personal information.
We take our data privacy responsibilities very seriously at Selcia and we want you to understand and feel confident about how we collect, use and safeguard your personal information when you use our website (www.selcia.com) or when you engage with us.
This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
(1) What information do we collect?
In the course of our activities, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of your personal information in the legitimate, day to day business interests of Selcia:
- information about you that you have provided or will provide to us that is limited to the kind of information that can be found on a typical business card - first name, last name, job title, employer/company name, work address, work email, and work phone number;
- information that you have or will provide to us for the purpose of business enquiries, quotation requests or business contracts.
We may collect certain aggregate and non-personal information through a variety of technologies when you visit this website. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single identifiable visitor. It tells us such things as how many users visited our site and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors.
We may use “session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
The personal information we collect helps us to understand your needs as a customer and helps us provide you with a better service.
We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you by email, telephone or mail in relation to requests for information, our services or potential services that you or your company have discussed with us or contracted us to perform whether previously or in the future;
- fulfil any contractual, regulatory and legal obligations to you and your organisation;
- occasionally send promotional and company news to your email address that you have provided to us. We do this because we believe that you have a genuine interest in being informed of our business and services.
We will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to any third parties unless:
- requested by you to do so; or
- to the extent that we are required to do by law
(5) Security of your personal data
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our services or sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time by contacting us as specified in section 11 of this policy.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites that we believe will be of genuine interest to you and our customers. You should be aware that we have no control over the content, control and workings of any third party website. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(11) Contacting us