- A number of FK506 binding proteins (FKBPs) have been identified; assays are available for human FKBP12, 51 and 52.
- Uses relevant recombinant FKBP and substrate Succ-ALPF-pNA
- Measures cis/trans isomerisation kinetics of substrate using UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- Uses LiCl/Trifluoroethanol. Li+ ion holds substrate in 60% cis conformation
- Ki values obtained (6pt in duplicates)
- Can be performed with and without additives (detergent/salt)
Click here to see how the functional PPIase assay works