Eurofins Selcia Limited, Ongar, Essex, UK
Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
Eurofins Selcia Limited is a contract research organisation and one of the world’s leading providers of custom radiochemistry and isotope labelling services specializing in the synthesis of compounds labelled with carbon-14 and tritium. We have a proven track record of delivering challenging isotope labelling projects to high quality standards and our customer base throughout Europe, North America and Japan includes many of the leading Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Specialty Chemicals companies.
We are looking for an HR Assistant to support the HR Director at Eurofins Selcia Ltd. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the variety of generalist HR administration.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Administer the company’s employee life cycle processes, including induction and onboarding for new starters, promotions, leavers, and employee benefits management.
- Assist in the recruitment processes, liaising with candidates and recruitment agencies, organizing interviews, supporting with sponsorship, proof of right to work and identity checks, organizing contracts of employment and reference checks.
- Process payroll and assist with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits in liaison with the Finance and Administration Team.
- Compile and maintain paper, digital and electronic employee records including holiday and absences.
- Assist with daily internal and external enquiries related to the HR Function, escalating where necessary to the HR Director.
- Support the HR Director with events, meetings and coordinating- employee communications.
- Ensure that all HR tasks are completed in time and meet employment legislation and government guidelines.
Previous experience in a similar role.
- Relevant Level 3 CIPD qualification preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills, ability to multitask, organize and prioritise workloads to strict deadlines and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail is a must together with being comfortable handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information).
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality and ensuring the integrity of HR records and conduct.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and HRIS.
In return, Eurofins Selcia offers an excellent comprehensive total reward package. This role is also a training and development opportunity for those wanting to further progress their career in Human Resources.
How to Apply
Are you the person we are looking for? If so, please visit our web-site at https://careers.eurofins.com/uk/ for more information on how to apply or send your CV and a covering letter to HR@selcia.com quoting job reference SEL/94/0122. The closing date for applications is Monday 7th March 2022.