- Cyclophilins are PPIases that bind cyclosporin. Cyclophilin A is a cytosolic protein, cylophilin B is located mainly in the ER and cyclophilin D is located in the mitochondria and controls the mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening.
- Assays available for human cyclophilin A, B, C, D and mouse cyclophilin A, D
- Uses relevant recombinant cyclophilin protein and substrate Succ-AAPF-pNA
- Measures cis/trans isomerisation kinetics of substrate using UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- Uses LiCl/Trifluoroethanol. Li+ ion holds substrate in 60% cis conformation Ki values obtained (6pt in duplicates)
- Can be performed with and without additives (detergent/salt)
Click here to see how the functional PPIase assay works